If not felt lining your insert, you can skip this step. The trebuchet tray uses one of the spare long strips labelled “Abominations”.
- Cut a strip of felt out of the Abominations sheet, by cutting at each end.
- Run a thin line of glue around the inside of slots on the trebuchet holder piece, and along the top as well, as shown below.
- Fold the felt strip approximately a third of the way along and slide it into the bottom slot, with the two thirds end towards the top, ready for the second slot.
- Gently push the strip into the corners of the slot. Using the back of the blade of the scissors might help make this easier.
- Wrap the strip around the corner between the slots, then create another fold in the felt which you can push down the second slot to the bottom.
- Wrap the remains of the strip on to the top edge and secure on the remaining glue.
- Finally once dry, trim the excess felt to length.
Assembling the tray is relatively simple.
- Lay out the pieces as shown.
- Apply a thin line of glue along the areas shown below
- Insert the trebuchet holder into the slot on the base, then fold up the side of the tray.
- Fold up the remaining sides of the tray.
- Work around the outside of the tray squeezing together all of the joints and wiping up excess glue that comes out using a paper towel.